Administrative Assistant – Finance
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm is looking for an administrative assistant to work approximately 30 hours a week in our finance department, with flexibility to work less mid-June to mid-August and to take time off for vacation. This position also has the potential to become full-time if desired.
The Finance Administrative Assistant is responsible for the accounts payable and cash receipt operations of the finance office. This including work in the Veracross Accounting Module, maintenance with fund accounting, cost centers and project-tasks, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. The person in this position is also responsible for processing After Care billing, the Circus program, Summer Camps, and other special programs as assigned. Additionally this position assists the CFO with budget formation and obtaining financial information for analysis.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains procedure manual for:
- Tuition Deposits, After-school Care Deposits, and misc. receipts
- Accounts Payables and miscellaneous disbursements
- Import of After-school care charges in Veracross for posting into Accounts Receivable and subsequent billing to parents.
- Manage accounts payable
- Vendor account management
- Manage Title II funds
- Prepare bank deposits (from tuition payments, after school care payments, other program receipts and misc. receipts)
- Manage cash and investment account signatures
- Interface with Farmer, and Class Treasurers to assist with accounting procedures, reconciliations and entries to the general ledger
- Processing of 1099 forms annually
- Process the billing and collection of fees for the After-school program
- Process cash boxes for school functions
- Office equipment management
Qualifications: Knowledge of Accounting, Accounting degree or experience in bookkeeping or accounting work. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of, and proficiency with web-based systems, Excel, and Microsoft Word. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work without supervision.
Please email your letter of intention and resume to Michelle Bovard, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com. Please also include at least three professional references with phone numbers.
Physical Requirements for Employees at SWSF:
Summerfield is both a school and farm. Though we do have paved pathways between various buildings, many pathways are unpaved and rough. Some have steep inclines and declines, steps and holes.
Employees must have the ability to:
- Stand and walk on various-density and uneven surfaces for extended periods of time and significant lengths;
- Sit for extended periods of time, both in chairs and on the floor;
- Use a computer for extended periods of time;
- Squat, stoop and/or bend over;
- Reach overhead, grasp, push/pull up to 35 pounds for short distances;
- Lift and carry up to 45 lbs. at waist height for short distances.
655 Willowside Road Santa Rosa, CA 95401 ph (707) 575-7194 www.summerfieldwaldorf.org