Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm is seeking an Outreach and Marketing Coordinator who is hard working, knowledgeable and excited about Waldorf education, and ready to share this unique educational experience with others. The ideal candidate is friendly, outgoing, and ready to work hard in a community of other like minded individuals. This candidate would be responsible for organizing, planning and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing, outreach events and public relations activities.
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm is an independent school located on a 38-acre farm in beautiful Sonoma County. Based on a developmental understanding of the learning process and view of the student that takes human spirituality seriously, Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm offers students a comprehensive learning environment designed to challenge and support them in strengthening their cognitive, emotional and intentional abilities. We support the growth of social awareness and active tolerance, and to give students the experiential background they need to meet new challenges in a creative and responsible manner.
The Outreach and Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Admissions Director and the Development Director on the School’s marketing outreach and retention plans as well as support events for this purpose. She or he will help develop social media content, contribute to social media audience growth, and have the opportunity to participate in media relations campaigns, writing projects (press releases or blogs) and create email newsletters.
- Facility and comfort interacting with people from diverse backgrounds
- Evidence of effectiveness in working independently, demonstrated self-starter
- Strong communication skills — oral and written
- Strong research abilities
- Strong digital skills and easily learns/adapts to new software programs and databases
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent time management skills
- Collaborative, ability to work with other departments and a range of personalities
- Interest in writing, public relations, marketing, advertisements, or blogging careers
- Familiarity with Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook; Excel; Google Docs & Sheets; PowerPoint/Google Slides; Canva
- Experience in the following areas: marketing, writing, graphic design, events, advertising
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing and managing the school’s social media
- Developing the metrics to analyze success of social media
- Managing the school’s website content and its updating
- Overseeing the Ambassador Program in coordination with the Admissions and Development Directors
- Organizing and running outreach events coordination with the Admissions Director
- Running digital and print ads
- Forming press releases
- Working with the Messenger Editor on content
- Working on Alumni outreach
- Designing and printing collateral for outreach events and programming
Responsible to: Admissions Director and Governance Council
Employment details: This is a year-round, on-site, full-time position; Monday through Friday, plus evening and weekend meetings and events as appropriate during the school year. Occasional outreach events are offsite. Summer hours are flexible and should be arranged with the supervisor.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, including three weeks annual vacation; all regular school holidays and one paid week off at both Christmas and Easter.
Please email your letter of intention, along with a resume, to email@example.com. Please also include two references (with phone numbers).
Physical requirements: Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse, use a telephone head or handset, have visual acuity, be able to focus on highly detailed tasks for long periods of time and be able to sit, walk, stand, bend crouch and stoop for extended periods of time.
About Summerfield Waldorf School & Farm:
Summerfield spans all of childhood, preschool through twelfth grade. Sprawling over 38 acres, we have one of the most extensive Waldorf programs on the continent including a fully operational Biodynamic farm and a vibrant circus program. We make every effort to educate the whole child in practical arts, movement, agriculture, social inclusion, artistic work, and a rich festival life. Our students love coming to school every day as much as their teachers do!
The school (est. 1974) is located in beautiful Sonoma County, just 60 miles north of San Francisco. We enjoy an idyllic Mediterranean climate with spring-time fields of wild flowers, hot summers cooled by ocean fog, rich autumn light on vibrant harvest colors, and wet, green winters. Sonoma County is home to ancient redwood forests, stands of mighty oak, and scenic, rugged coastlines.
Picturesque orchards, vineyards, and dairies abound. Many of our hills and mountains are still truly wild and offer hikers and bikers miles of trails to explore. Sonoma County has also become a haven for food enthusiasts, offering some of the best restaurants and wines in the world. Many local farmers are using organic and Biodynamic methods, with their bounties found in our markets and restaurants. This is the setting our students and families enjoy!
655 Willowside Road Santa Rosa, CA 95401 ph (707) 575-7194 www.summerfieldwaldorf.org