*** Position Filled***
School Finance Office Bookkeeper/Front Desk Associate
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm is looking for a bookkeeper/finance office front desk associate. The Finance Office Bookkeeper/Front Desk Associate serves under the Controller and first and foremost, must enjoy people, problem solving and interacting with parents, children, teachers and other staff. The Bookkeeper/Front Desk Associate provides accounting support which includes accounts receivable, accounts payable, deposits, cash processing, as well as front desk presence during the office hours of 9am – 4pm or 8am – 3pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates household invoicing and payment plans, manages household automatic payments via VC Pay as well as manual payments via cash or check, follows up on all past due AR and reports to the Governance Council on delinquency. Handles parent questions about billing and AR, special requests via in-person conversation, email and phone calls to parent households.
- Must enjoy people, problem solving and interacting with parents, children, teacher and staff in a professional calm manner.
- Processes a weekly check run through the Account Payable Module, including coding of invoices, following up on approvals, mailing the checks and filing all support documents.
- Manages the Tuition Assistance Program, including assisting parents in the application process, working with the Tuition Assistance Committee on grant awards, notifying households of grant awards and entering awards on financial contracts.
- Processes deposits, coordinates approval and goes to the bank when necessary to submit deposits, usually once a week.
- Oversees the maintenance of the cash boxes for all school programs.
- Provides support to the Controller during all audits by providing documents and schedules as requested.
- Knowledgeable about VeraCross and FACTS software a plus but will train; uses both financial and tuition assistance management modules and/or other school management software programs.
- Supports and adheres to school policies in all areas of the school’s operation.
- Keeps the Controller informed of all accounting functions.
- With direction from the Controller, help with annual projects such as 1099 forms, making new files, setting up items for the new school year and other quarterly and annual projects as needed.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be considered as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Employment details: This is a year-round, full-time position; Monday through Friday. Summer hours may be flexible and should be arranged with the supervisor.
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, including three weeks annual vacation, all regular school holidays and one paid week off for both the winter and spring holidays.
Please email your letter of intention, along with a resume, to Michelle Bovard, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com. Please also include three references (with phone numbers), at least two of whom have seen you teach.
Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse, use a telephone head or handset, have visual acuity, be able to focus on highly detailed tasks for long periods of time and be able to sit, walk, stand, bend crouch and stoop for extended periods of time.
About Summerfield Waldorf School & Farm:
Summerfield spans all of childhood, preschool through twelfth grade. Sprawling over 38 acres, we have one of the most extensive Waldorf programs on the continent including a fully operational Biodynamic farm and a vibrant circus program. We make every effort to educate the whole child in practical arts, movement, agriculture, social inclusion, artistic work, and a rich festival life. Our students love coming to school every day as much as their teachers do!
The school (est. 1974) is located in beautiful Sonoma County, just 60 miles north of San Francisco. We enjoy an idyllic Mediterranean climate with spring-time fields of wild flowers, hot summers cooled by ocean fog, rich autumn light on vibrant harvest colors, and wet, green winters. Sonoma County is home to ancient redwood forests, stands of mighty oak, and scenic, rugged coastlines.
Picturesque orchards, vineyards, and dairies abound. Many of our hills and mountains are still truly wild and offer hikers and bikers miles of trails to explore. Sonoma County has also become a haven for food enthusiasts, offering some of the best restaurants and wines in the world. Many local farmers are using organic and Biodynamic methods, with their bounties found in our markets and restaurants. This is the setting our students and families enjoy!
655 Willowside Road Santa Rosa, CA 95401 ph (707) 575-7194 www.summerfieldwaldorf.org