*** POSITION FILLED ***
Summerfield Waldorf School and Farm is looking for Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant serves under the direction of the Director of Finance. The Senior Accountant provides the Controller with accounting support which includes general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, cash processing, and oversight of organization of the accounting systems and records.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Maintains, and updates as necessary, the Finance Procedures Manual of the school.
- Manages the cash and investment account signatures process.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge to back up payroll processing.
- Processes the annual 1099 forms with assistance from the Staff Accountant.
- Oversees the maintenance of the cash boxes for all school programs.
- Confirms the accuracy of the cash deposits and coordinates the physical deposit.
- Conducts monthly and annual general ledger reconciliations.
- Conducts the monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintains budgetary and financial oversight for all auxiliary programs.
- Processes the payroll journal upload from the payroll system into the accounting system.
- Processes the distribution of the 401(k) withholdings.
- Manages the Title II funding from the government.
- Gathers and enters the data for the AWSAN DASL annual survey.
- Supports and adheres to school policies in all areas of the school’s operation.
- Attends GC meetings and Board meetings as required.
- Maintains a strategic financial plan and overall financial model that will demonstrate the trends and requirements of the school’s development plan and will forecast future year’s cash budgets and positions.
- Proactively works with staff and the GC on alternative revenue streams and various financial models to ensure the long-term financial health for the school.
- Keeps the Director of Finance informed of all accounting functions.
- Provides support to Director of Finance during all audits by providing reconciliation, documents and schedules as requested.
- Knowledgeable about Veracross software; uses both financial and tuition assistance management modules and/or other school management software programs.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Employee may be required to work remotely or engage in telework activity as determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be considered as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Employment details: This is a year-round, full-time position; Monday through Friday. Summer hours may be flexible and should be arranged with the supervisor.
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, including time off for regular school holidays.
Physical requirements: Must be able to operate a keyboard and mouse, use a telephone head or handset, have visual acuity, be able to focus on highly detailed tasks for long periods of time and be able to sit, walk, stand, bend crouch and stoop for extended periods of time.
To apply: Please email your letter of intention and resume to Michelle Bovard, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include three professional references (with phone numbers).
655 Willowside Road Santa Rosa, CA 95401 ph (707) 575-7194 www.summerfieldwaldorf.org