International Student Application: Grade 1-12

2022-2023 International Student Tuition and Fee Schedule

Immunization Requirements

California has strict immunization requirements for school entry. As such, it may be necessary for your student to get additional immunizations prior to enrollment. Please click here to verify what is needed for your student to be admitted to a school in California, or visit,

Have other questions along the way? Do not hesitate to email Tracy Saucier, our Admissions Director at or give her a call at (707) 575-7194.

Long Term Students (More than 1 Year)

If a student would like to enroll in our school as an international student for one year or more, then that student must go through the Admissions process which also requires a minimum English language test score if applying to grades 7 to 12. Students are also offered support in our English Language Development program and additional after school homework tutoring.

Part One

Please note that the application fee for an international application is $150, which includes the processing of the I-20. Please select the International Application when paying the application fee.

If you’ve already submitted our Contact Form (the first step in the admissions process) click here to look up your account.

  • Once the initial form has been submitted, an admissions account will be created for you and you will be emailed login credentials to our Admissions Portal.
  • From your Admissions Portal you may add and pay for applications for your prospective Summerfield students.
  • From your Admissions Checklist you can track your admissions status, schedule a tour, and submit documents as necessary.

Then complete and submit the International Student Supplemental Questionnaire.

*All foreign academic records submitted must be translated into English. In addition to the steps above, students applying for Grades 7 through 11 must take and/or submit English language test scores (TOEFL, iTEP-SLATE, IELTS, or ELS 109 certificate). Our TOEFL school code is B703. We also do iTEP testing on site for a small fee ($45). Please contact the ESL Coordinator to schedule a test date or if you have questions about English proficiency tests.

Part Two

You will be contacted by the Admissions Director or ESL Coordinator to schedule an initial in-person or Skype interview.

Part Three

You will be contacted by the Admissions Director to schedule an initial in-person or Skype interview with the Class Teacher or Class Advisors.

After Acceptance to Summerfield
Upon acceptance to Summerfield, you will be required to apply for a Student F1 Visa. You will be asked to fill out and return our I-20 Intake Form, along with a photo of the picture page from your student’s passport.

Once your I-20 Intake form has been processed, the school will mail you an original copy of your I-20 Visa. The Form I-20 is an important document that you should keep safe, as you will need it throughout the international student life cycle. You will then follow the process for applying for your visa; instructions for which can be downloaded here.

After your Visa has been approved and tuition and fees have been paid and/or arranged, and your start date has been established, you will enroll in Summerfield via our Online Enrollment process and you may be asked to provide the following:
-Proof of immunizations;
-Proof of health insurance;
-Parent and Student Handbook Acknowledgement Form (High School);
-Agent Appointment Form and proof of homestay arrangement (If a high school student is living with host family).

Short Term International Students (Less than one year)

There are two types of short term students: exchange students (do not pay tuition) and short-term visitors (pay tuition). Exchange students and short term visitors are not required to have proficiency in English, but they will have to apply for and receive an F-1 Student Visa following the process described above.

Exchange Students

Exchange students have an exchange partner. They attend Summerfield and live with their partner’s family, and then in turn, their partner visits the exchange students school and lives with the their family. Most of our exchanges are with Spanish and German speaking countries, and occasionally with French speaking countries. Students will not pay tuition or housing expenses, but will be responsible for their own airfare, medical expenses, and pocket money. 

If you are interested in doing an exchange with a Summerfield student, please write a letter to the Summerfield Exchange Coordinator requesting an exchange partner. Please contact for more information.

Short-term Visitors

Short-term visitors do not have an exchange partner. Stays are usually between 3 to 10 months. These students pay school tuition and any host-family expenses. If you are interested studying without an exchange partner, please contact the Admissions Director –

You may also fill out the short-term visitor application form here.